At Shades Group we give great importance to the consultation appointment. We book long appointment times to ensure you have all the time needed to tell us what you are willing to achieve. An examination appointment is not only about checking your gums and teeth: we are here to listen to your concerns and requests to enable you to achieve a well-functioning mouth with a beautiful smile.
When you attend our clinic we will ask you to fill out a medical history sheet that will tell us about your general health. The majority of the general health conditions have an implication on one’s oral health and knowing your medical history well will also enable us to offer you a safe and calming treatment.
We follow a ‘patient journey’ system at our practice which Dr Haghri and Dr Rooprai developed after analysing over 80 dental practices across the UK. The ‘Patient Journey’ is designed to give our patients the best experience possible in a consistent manner. You should expect to receive the same service throughout your contact with us starting from the reception staff to the surgery staff and even when you are referred to see any of the specialists here.
Once we have you comfortable on the chair, we will ask you to explain to us what you would like to achieve, whether this is to gain better oral function or for aesthetic reasons. Once we have heard your concern we will carry out the following:
- Visual examination of your teeth in a social interaction, your lip position, your smile line;
- Examination around head and neck to look for any abnormality for early diagnosis;
- Examination of the soft tissues inside the mouth, including the inner surface of cheeks, tongue, palate and back of the throat;
- Examination of teeth, checking any old restorations, crowns, bridges, implant or denture work;
- Examination of your gums, and if any gum disease is noted the severity of gum disease;
- Special investigations which may include radiography, heat and cold testing and other specialised tests as needed;
- We then sit down together with you and explain any concerns that we may have following our clinical and special investigation findings;
- We use drawings, videos and 3D models in order to enable you to understand the condition that needs treatment;
- In more complex cases if needed we can ask you to sit in our relaxing reception area and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee while watching educational videos to help you make the right decision.
- Once you are fully informed of the concerns we have, you are informed of the treatment options that are available, as well as the cost and time involved before we ask you to reach a decision.
We appreciate your time is valuable and we make sure you are seen on time for your consultation as well as for all your appointments, as after all you can gain anything back in life but time never comes back. We are here to provide first class service with an exemplary level of quality in the UK. We like to transform your experience of going to a dentist to an enjoyable one.
Do you need sedation? We hope that that we can relax you to have all the treatment you need but if you need to have an extra relaxation until you are comfortable with treatment under local anaesthetic we can provide sedation at our practice. Dr Rooprai is a hospital-trained dental sedationist and he is there if you need him. We have years of experience where we have helped patients who had treatment under sedation in the past but now receive treatment without sedation and our goal is to show you how enjoyable a dental appointment can be.
We follow national guidelines when we set how often you should come and see us for a check-up. Although in the past all patients were asked to see a dentist every ‘6 months’; nowadays we know that the level of risk of developing disease should dictate the frequency of your dental check-up. In other words you may need to see a dentist every 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, and 18 months and in some cases only every 2 years.
Why don’t you call our friendly receptionist and book a consultation with us? Your teeth and smile work for you constantly every day; they only deserve the best!